Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life needs a metronome....




Life needs a metronome...
If you live on this planet long enough, you will eventually see something get out of rhythm. It could be a heart, an orchestra, a poem, a play, flow of traffic, and ultimately life. As you know rhythm is a beautiful, flowing set or pattern of something. You usually see it in music, but what about life? I know for me (maybe for you too) life looses it's rhythm sometimes. Anything can knock it out of tune just a bit. Events, situations, or just who you are. I find myself needing a spiritual metronome. If you are not sure what a metronome is, then below is a provided definition.
Metronome: a mechanical or electrical instrument that makes repeated clicking sounds at an adjustable pace, used for marking rhythm, esp. in practicing music.

Basically, this device is used to regain rhythm. It provides a constant "tick" that guides you to the pattern you needed to find the flow of unison again. Looking at the rhythm of life, we need a metronome. So many times we get bumped off course. Our metronome as a Christ-follower is the Holy Spirit. The reason I mention this is that I find myself making very tough decision (weird decision), looking for advise, looking for truth, and just plainly trying to figure out my purpose. Through these pursuits, I tend to loose rhythm from time to time. Sometimes I try to fix it myself, other times I let others. I catch myself not listening to the "tick" of the Holy Spirit. He sets the pace and the rhythm that I need to flow with God and in life. He is our constant and our guidance. Basically, He is our metronome. He aligns our heart with God. He reveals the depths of who God is as well as God's word. He guides us to answers to difficult situations and questions of life. So...I encourage you to "listen" to the metronome. He is there, ticking. You might find yourself out of unison, and He provides the sound you need to adjust your sound. 

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

~cham 





1 Comment:

  1. Phillips said...
    Love your new blog site!! And btw: I tried to get a pic of O'Neil jumping but I never got a good one, so unfortunately it wasn't his nose, but the photographer!!

Post a Comment