Tuesday, July 29, 2008

JavaLove

Well, I think God has stirred something in my soul as a side dish. The last month I have felt that God was wanting me to take a portion of my paycheck and use it for something. That something always ended up with the idea of buying an "x" amount of coffee and giving it to people with a smile. Today, I feel that it's time to pull the trigger.  I have now locked in "javalove.blogr.com" as my blog site. My whole idea for this ministry is to take the love of Christ to the streets of Birmingham through a cup of coffee. Sounds odd? It is. As a passionate coffee drinker, I am always drawn to cups of coffee. I spend a lot of time in coffee houses and autonomous coffee units in local retail stores and have come to the realization that there are a lot of people who enjoy coffee as much as I do. With further observation, I have noticed that coffee draws in people from different walks of life. My main goal is to serve everybody with the Love of Christ and a smile and maybe some conversation. Since my life and eyes have been open to hurting people these last few months, I want to give them something that at least brings joy for a few minutes of their life and possibly hope. What is with the website then? I am hoping that I can come up with a business card that will have the address on it that I can hand out. My idea for the blog site is to simple share hope in Christ. There are some many people out there that have lost love ones, their jobs, gone through divorce, can't find purpose, etc, and so I want to bring hope through a cup of coffee. Don't look at me as some forefront spiritual giant or that I "have it all together". I just know what hurt feels like, and I know what Hope lives like. So, hopefully in the next week or two I can launch it and post some cool things God is doing. much love ~ cham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment