Monday, July 28, 2008

God makes me busy...

As you may or may not know, but I am between ministries or jobs (whatever word you prefer). For awhile now, I kept asking God for something to do. He has me in a place (spiritually speaking) that is uncomfortable in the fact that I have to totally depend on Him (which I could only partially do in the past). I hunt for jobs, nada. I get offered jobs, they didn't work out. I finally said, "Ok, God. If and when you want me to work, then I will do it on Your time. Please just use me! I really do not care what it is." So...He answered. Yes, I am technically still jobless as far as full time is concerned, but He has brought up some cool things for me to do serving-wise.

After I prayed that short prayer mentioned above, within a few days I was bombarded with different projects. Below are some:

1) Non-profit Missional Organization: I met a person at O'henry's that is starting a website that shows life stories of all walks of life via video. All the videos are intended to point to hope and faith in Jesus Christ. I was asked to help with the brainstorming sessions (which I love to do!). 

2) Freelance Artist: I don't consider myself incredibly skilled in graphics, but apparently I have enough skill that my friend's church decided to pick me up as a freelance graphic artist for their church until they find a permanent. I am pretty pumped because it gives me something to do, I can serve the church, and it pushes me creatively.

3) Seattle Video Shoot: I have have been asked by a friend to come out to Seattle for 2 weeks in late August to help shoot, edit, and develop a dvd to get out to the community surround the church plant the started as well as the church planter's association there in Seattle. This is awesome because again, I am pushed creatively as well as getting to go to Seattle for the first time. I hope to grow spiritually and extend my worldview of different people groups in the US.

4)Webmaster/Designer: I was approached to help design a website that will sell Christian Art. Again, another creative buzz.

So, you can say that God has some different plans as of right now for me. I look forward to all of them and will try and do my best at each. God definitely is blessing and using me in ways I wasn't expecting. Much love!

1 Comment:

  1. Brittany said...
    good post! I started your painting last night. I'm excited about it! But don't be expecting it anytime soon. I guess I should have told you, that I tend to take a while on those things....

Post a Comment