Monday, October 20, 2008

Shoooooo...

God has...

     really rocked my world today. As you know, I am heading to Seattle at the beginning of the year to help with a church plant. So in the mean time, I am fund raising and look for temp jobs to get me by until Jan 1. Well, I woke up this morning overwhelmed by who God is in my life. I went immediately to my stereo and turned on my Ipod. I played the I-Heart Rev #1 by Hillsong. I then went to the kitchen and made some coffee. During this whole time, it was like God Himself was sitting with me in the house...waiting to chat over breakfast. I grab my coffee and sat on my couch to pray. I was overwhelmed by His presences and His goodness. I began to just worship..thanking Him...and then it happened...I get a phone call.
     This is no ordinary phone call. This is a provision from God phone call. Up until the summer, I was in control of my life (so I thought). God changed my heart to walk in some serious faith. He changed me from control planning, to faith waiting. So, to make a long story short, I was in serious need of a full time temp job. My severance is about to be up, and I was like "God...you know what I need..when I need it". You talk about going against the grain in my life. I have been so use to doing it my way and never giving God a chance to act. So, He brought me to this place in my life where I was "all in" with my life. People would ask me, "what are you going to do about a job until Seattle?" My reply was simply "God". I know that sounds sunday schoolish, but it is the truth. He brought me to a place of total dependence. I tried all in the summer to get a job, and He wouldn't allow it unless it was through Him. He was teaching me and unteaching me. 
     To bring you back to the present, my days were counting down quickly until I needed to have a job or for money to fall from the sky. So, God provided. At the right time, He brought me a tailor-made job. The business called during my worship time and I answered. They wanted to know if I was interested. I was like "YES!". Come to find out the job is a:

FULL TIME TEMP JOB
MON - FRIDAY
& (get this) ENDS ON DEC. 31.

I began to laugh because God had given me this job to fit right where I needed it and at the time I needed. I got off the phone and began to laugh out loud and then started to cry tears of joy. My God had provided. He has met my needs. He has kept to His Word.
     I tell you all of this not in gloating, but as encouragement. Note: I had nothing to do with this phone call. In fact, I never heard from this company after I applied waaayyy back in the summer. Walking in faith is scary stuff, I will be the first to say. It is entirely worthy it though. You will not be disappointed if you chase after Jesus and you do as He ask. Uncomfortable? Shoot yeah! But its so worth it! Maybe..just maybe, somebody who reads this is going through a "faith-tester". I encourage you to stay with it, NO MATTER THE COST! It is entirely worth going through the knots in your stomach for them to soon disappear to the laughter and joy of watching My God work and provide. So..step out from your comfortable lifestyle and chase after the vision God has given you. You will not be sorry. You will not be disappointed! You will only have regret to live with if you don't. 

~cham

3 Comments:

  1. Lauren said...
    Congratulations, homie! That's so exciting. And thanks for sharing the details. I'm constantly encouraged by your posts.
    Blake said...
    Fabulous buddy. Praise God.
    Amyazing said...
    thank you. i needed to hear that.

Post a Comment