Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life...

     tends to pass us by..especially when we think we are living it (for ourselves). I only say this because I have walked this road and still walk/struggle from time to time in that mindset..or lifestyle shall we say. We get our purpose out of whack. We may think I got to live life to the fullest...but is our perception of what "fullest" looks like really full or just a faux-reality? I guess I write this because of what I read in 1 Peter 1 this morning:
The old life is a grass life, 
      its beauty as short-lived as wildflowers; 
   Grass dries up, flowers droop, 
      God's Word goes on and on forever.
This is the Word that conceived the new life in you.

Please pay attention to the last sentence. The Word conceived the new life in you. Im not sure about others, but sometimes the old life looks great. I get a since of control and I can plot my on comfortability in my life (or so I think). The reality of it, all of that hype will fade like grass. Money, prestige, glamour, the american dream, our own world, your control...gone...withered...useless. My life, our life, is defined by the God's Word and the purpose and life It gives. It keeps us from withering, or chasing after withering things. I guess for me..i don't want to hand God the bouquet of my life and it be all withered up and dead because of the useless life I sought after instead of Him.  

~~~To a life worth living!~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment