Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seattle or bust..

Much to do..so little time...so it feels,

     Well, it is Seattle or bust for me at the beginning of the year. This is the journey that God has called me on. I am pumped, drained, excited, anxious, spaghetti o's, and coffee. I am about to begin raising support for me to go. I feel that no matter what, God is going to get me out there. If it means 3 jobs at the beginning, then so be it. My heart is about to exploded out of my chest over the excitement that I have of God's vision there. It is really cool how God is lining things up in my life. I am still new to the 100% faith walk deal...though I have been a believer/student pastor for 10 years. It is hard to explain, but I like the feeling of the unknown with the confidence that it is a stage for God to show up. He has returned to me the ability to be amazed. It is cool. I have a ton to get done this week:
  • meetings
  • printing brochures (financial support)
  • print cards (financial support)
  • websites to finish (place to online for people to connect w/ God's vision)
  • Carrying out other visions God has given me like a Simply Way Type place
  • Finding a place to live out there
  • Price hunting for moving my life to Seattle
  • Starting this temp job God hooked me up with here in B'ham.
  • Working off stress
  • Etc...
I listed this not for sympathy before for prayer. It is a cool journey and I am trying to snap pictures left and right. I also feel that God is wanting me to buy a cheap video cam and begin to record all of this and video blog. I wanted to make sure that this was a "God-thang" and not a cham deal. Well, praying this morning...I asked God..."if the camera is legit...then please provide the means for me to buy it...i don't want credit card this mug...". I get a phone call 2 hours later with a freelance job....hahaha....come with it! So..God willing I am going to start video blogging. Not sure, what that will look like. I hope it will be to the style of XXXchurch.com (yes it is a Christian church). Great videos! Anyway..i appreciate you (as readers) reading, praying, supporting, and challenging. 

On a side note, check out my friends blog: seetheneed.blogspot.com
They are starting a non-prof that connects people to orphanages. It is a rockin' vision. 

1 Comment:

  1. Joanna K. Harris said...
    Hey Cham, I saw your blog address on facebook and really enjojyed reading your posts. It's so encouraging to hear about what God's been doing in your life! Thanks for sharing. =) It reminds me of when I left for Mexico...so many unknowns and yet I was totally confident that's where God wanted me and He would provide. And of course...He did! He gave me two incredible years there. It was awesome! I hope your experience will be even better than mine was. =)
    At the moment I'm on a totally different faith journey. I'm learning to be delighted in God when I have nothing and can't do anything. It's a lot harder than stepping out in faith to DO something, I think. But it's been a good learning experience too. I hope eventually God will bring me back to a place of active service & ministry, but right now I'm learning to 'be still' and let HIM be God in my life.
    Anyway, I'll be praying for you as you raise support. Keep me posted on how things are going. Take care.
    God bless,
    -Joanna

Post a Comment