Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My hand raised...


Something I always have...
is questions. Most of the time, I have way more questions than I have answers. I know with me, answers seem to be the...well answer to all that I need. Some people call it closure or other words, but ultimately an answer brings the unknown...known. We lose sleep, time, life, etc.., over trying to find an answer to a problem a lot of times. It could be personal, scientific, financial, or a life changing question. Still, we are looking for an answer to our question.
I think God loves questions. They keep us needing....Him. Whether or not we go to Him for the answer is upon that individual's choice. When we direct our questions to Him then we are showing our dependency and need for Him. Yeah, it might be a frustrated or bitter question to Him and at Him, but nonetheless it is still showing that we "need". I think God design questions for that reason....to get us to a point of "needing" Him. If we had all the answers right now, how "needy" would we be? We wouldn't. Questions bring that sense of need that should propel us toward seeking the answer in Christ. Ultimately, questions to Him should bring a life change. How? If we are really wanting answers, then we are going to listen to the One that can bring it, enlighten it, and explain it. The question has now laid a stepping stone for us to get closer to God (if we seek to ask God). Wanting to the answer from God will change you. I have been reading through Philippians 4. It says not to worry about everything (needing answers), but go to God with thankfulness, prayer, and supplication. From my own experience, God has changed me through me seeking answers. I haven't even come close to getting all the answers I want, but I really don't care at this point. My questions have led me to get to know God more personable, more intimate. In fact, I am coming to the point of just saying, my answers are pointless compared to hanging out with God. So, questions are helpful. Make sure you seek the answer(s) in Christ and not in anyone else.

3 Comments:

  1. Amyazing said...
    Jeremiah 33:3
    Cham McCutchen said...
    sweet! I love the CEV translation of that.
    Lauren said...
    You are so dead on! Phil. 4 came up during my discipleship time today. Great thoughts, homes. So true. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment