Monday, September 1, 2008

Goal-Oriented...

So I was at...

(by the way..the pic is just funny. It brings nothing to the blog)

the Church of the Highlands this past Sunday morning. First of all, I am glad I survived the trip. It was an interesting carpool trip. Anyway, I had an incredible time. It definitely fit right in with my return from Seattle. Pastor Christ talked about being goal-oriented. Two things immediately stuck with me....

1) If you don't set goals in your life, life will set goals for you.

2) If you don't set goals in what ever you do, then it will eventually fail.

I am a goal driven individual/go with the flow type dude. I set short term goals in my life and look at the long distance stuff in a "go with the flow" type mentality. In retrospect, I find this not the best way to tackle life. You have to be "go with the flow" but with a target in mind. If you don't have a goal, then you will drift eventually/possibly. At the same time, if you are so focused on accomplishing a goal that it confines you, then you could miss out. So, you need the "go with the flow" type as well(flexible). It is a balance. My deal is long term. I am definitely going to set and push myself to making life goals, personal goals, etc. They will change from time to time, but they give me something to focus on. If set right and chased properly, the success and enjoyment of these goals should pay off...most of the time. It was a great message for me and my future. I want to do the most I can for my God and I think for me to do that then I need to set some goals. Worship at COTH was phenomenal as always. much love~cham. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment