Saturday, August 15, 2009

(above: my one-man tent in the 2nd Meadows of Mt. Dickerman
at roughly 4,800 ft "guessing")
(above: Mt. Forgotten - I made the summit twice at 6,005 ft.)
Church planting is fun, exciting, and draining. To be pioneering out away from familiarity, friends, and family can be taxing over a course of time. You end up buying a season pass on the emotional roller coaster of ministry. You have "ups" and "downs" with only God, you, and maybe a few others to keep you sane. The cool thing is God gives you ways in your life to deal with the stress, pressures, and burnout. My new thing has been hiking/camping.

Over the last few months, Tim Corbin (My pastor/friend) and I have decided to make a weekly trek in the woods. We both dig the epicness of the outdoors and the challenge and adventure of hitting the summit of a vast mountain. It's quite interesting pushing my body, my mind, and will to push up and down the mountains. The bigger picture is that it gives me time to unload life out of my mind and heart and give me some exercise as well. I find God on the trails, among the creation of the scenery, and towering over the colossal mountain peaks. It puts things in perspective of how big He is and how small I am. Just thought I would share..

~Cham

p.s. - What do you do to reset yourself back to normal?


(above: Wondering who brought all the rocks up to the top of the mountain)
(above: Corbin drying out the socks. It rained pretty consistent.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment