Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No light brings withering...

I had an interesting thought in the shower the other day. That may be weird to you, but that is where I think a lot and hear from God often. I was thinking about my frustration with my little garden on my back porch. It has been having issues with growing in the flower pot. The problem is not so much the soil or the pot or even the planter for that matter. The issue with it's stunted growth is from the lack of Sunlight that is hitting on the back porch. No mater how much water is given or fresh dirt, the garden just barely grows.


Well, this whole process got me thinking about the verse:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish.."

My eyes began to open up a little more in the God realm of things. Most of the time I hear this verse used in the context of leadership and church leadership. As a leader, supply the vision and people will be healthy. I agree totally with that aspect. In light of my garden though, lets use change it to plant terms: "If there is no sunlight (LIGHT), then the plant will perish or wilt." If a plant doesn't get the proper amount of light or even light at all, it becomes weak, wilted, and withers away to the point of death in the midst of the darkness. So now, let us apply this in global terms: If there is no vision (LIGHT), the people (PLANT) will perish (wither, wilt, die in darkness). So in looking at that, people need "LIGHT" to live life, to experience purpose, to fulfill what they were created for. I am not talking about light as in sunlight. I am referring to the Light of Christ. So in breaking this all down simply, wouldn't it make sense that it is OUR JOB (DUTY, PURPOSE, LIFE'S MISSION as a Christ-Follower) to take LIGHT into the darkness so that our friends, family, co-workers, bosses, children, neighbors can live, grow, and bloom into the purpose which they were made for by God? If we do not take the LIGHT of Christ to the darkness, people perish and wither...lives are lost.

God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness....

Are you taking LIGHT into the darkness?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment